Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Utah Rug & Fiber Guild Retreat at Daniels Summit Lodge

I just got back from the Utah Rug & Fiber Guild Retreat and I had a lot fun. It was exciting to see all of the rugs that everyone was working on and the ones they brought to show. The ladies in the groups are sooo talented. There will be pictures posted on the Utah Rug & Fiber Guild blog. Macaela took a lot of pictures for me so I will add some after they have been imported. Londi did a wonderful job teaching us about how to do different finishes on our stools, piano benches, baby high chairs. They all turned out wonderfully! Thanks Londi for all of your hard work and patience. On Saturday Londi taught a class about color and freeing ourselves from our chains of using only one pattern for our backgrounds and other areas in our rug. I am going to try and be a little more free with my patterns and colors when I hook. I think that everyone liked the colors that I had dyed. They looked so pretty on the tables. Angela and Nancy brought their wool also and they had some beautiful wool.



 This is some of my hand dyed wool.
 Here is some more.  I think I got carried away with dyeing.
 So I had 3 tables of As-Is and hand dyed wool.
 The As-is wool.
 A picture of all the Rug Hookers
Don't they look like happy rug hookers.  The sad part is that we were getting ready to go home. 
 Londi is teaching us about color.
 This is a picture of the lodge.  There was a lot of snow!!!!!  The food at the Grill was excellent!
Mary is working on her baby high chair.  Isn't that a beautiful blue!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, all of your wool looks luscious! I love dyeing wool too. The retreat looked like it was a blast!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa - I'm so excited to see these pictures! Can't wait to see the projects that everyone worked on - and of course rugs from the rug show. Looks like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete